Production Accounting 101 Certification
This introductory class is designed to review industry basics and techniques related to film and television production accounting workflows and functions. This 16-hour class is targeted to those already in the industry who want to train as a 2nd Assistant, Production Accountant or Clerk. In addition, the class is appropriate for accountants and bookkeepers from other industries looking to skill-up and enter a dynamic marketplace.
PA 101 qualifies for 16 hours of CPE credit.
The solid foundation of knowledge in production accounting is what I have been seeking for some time. This course really helped out immensely in understanding how that operates.
-Nicole, 2017 Production Accounting 101 EP Certified Professional
- Production accounting terminology
- Basic cost accounting principles
- Preparing the production office
- Accounts Payable
- Journal Entry
- Overview of payroll
- Petty cash
- Review of the Cost Report
- Overview of Insurance and coding for claims
- Loss and damage assessment
- Overview of incentives and how they are coded
- Workflows during Prep, Shoot & Wrap
- Ending relationships and services
The Big Picture
Add and hone marketable skills while building a network of colleagues in New York and Los Angeles’ dynamic film and television marketplaces.
2019 Class Dates:
New York, NY: January 19 - January 20, 2019 (Two 8 hour days, Saturday and Sunday from 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM)Albuquerque, NM: January 26 - January 27, 2019 (Two 8 hour days, Saturday and Sunday from 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM)